Random observances from last night:
- Rain makes my hair double in size. And there’s not much I can do in a bar to contain it.
- Drinking three Mind Erasers in 20 minutes may make you want to stand on a chair.
- Standing on a chair will get you in trouble.
- If you get in trouble for standing on a chair, the odds that you’ll get escorted from the premises will quadruple. The rest of your group will continue to party without you.
- I’m much better at playing rapid-fire Quarters than regular Quarters.
- There are other people in Philadelphia who like country music! But I couldn’t convince any of them to see Brad Paisley with me tonight.
- I’m not as young as I once was. The next day is more painful now.
- Potbelly closes at 9. Eating dinner earlier would have been a great idea.
- Hot guys in suits are excellent eye candy but they can make you want to gouge out your ears with a blunt knife if they sing karaoke.
- If you break any of the karaoke rules posted by the karaoke stage, the Karaoke Troll will rush from the other side of the bar to yell at you.
- There’s an unbroken umbrella in a bar, just waiting to be photographed for Katie. And of course it started raining, which reminded me that I forgot it.
- Do you know what’s really funny? Seeing someone walk onto a Septa bus carrying a case of beer.
- There’s scuttlebutt about a potential road trip Monday to see NKOTB on the Today Show.
Did you learn any life lessons last night? Please share! If not, make it a point to learn some during this fabulously long weekend.